retreat in Bali
RAISING HAPPY & HEALTHY MAMAS RETREAT
WHEN: March 25-30th, 2018
WHERE: Desa Seni, Canggu, Bali
Dear Mama of SHORT CRAZIES,
Do you aspire to be a happy & healthy role model for your kids?
For 5 days, give yourself the same amount of energy you give your kids all year long.
Let someone else plan and make your meals, wash your dishes and clothes, make your bed, organize your play dates and nurture you.
- Time to slow down.
- Deep breaths of fresh air.
- Morning yoga and meditation in the open air.
- Self care routine. A little daydream. Delight.
- Lay in the sun by the pool with a cool fresh coconut. Or go surfing. Or neither.
- All the free time to do the things you never have time to do.
- Goal-setting results towards your happiness. And consequently that of your family.
- Giggles with Goddesses.
- A safe place to unburden and rebalance.
- Detox with yin yoga.
- Candle lit organic home cooked Balinese meals (retox optional.)
- Hilarious conversations with likeminded mamas.
- Tears while laughing.
- Listen to chirping crickets.
- Deep restorative uninterrupted sleep.
- Wake up feeling wonderful.
- Make lifelong friendships.
- Return home feeling relaxed, grounded, and with a new sense of clarity.
DESA SENI- Our home base will be in an eco-friendly village resort, one of the most beautiful retreat centers I’ve ever been to.
KIDS & PARTNER- I suggest coming solo (so you can completely focus on yourself.) If that's not possible your kids & partner are most welcomed to stay with you at Desa Seni. Desa Seni is close to an amazing water park and 10 mins from the beach.
BABYSITTERS- There are also some great babysitters available on site.
MASSAGES- One of the top 3 massages I’ve ever had. They rubbed me with lemongrass oil and put a lavender diffuser under my nose. Every massage after that has been olfactorily disappointing.
SPECIAL GUESTS- I have invited some very special guests to sprinkle some fairy dust story telling wisdom on us– (sneak peak Lisa the founder of http://www.warriorsdivine.com.)
SPECIAL DINNER- Reservations have already been made at this incredible place called The Slow. http://theslow.id
AND MANY MORE SURPRISES…
USD $1100 - Regular price (pay in full BEFORE February 15th 2018)- SOLD OUT
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- 5 nights accommodation with breakfast
- 4 hrs/day of workshops
- 1 hr/day Yin yoga (including use of yoga mats & props)
- 30 mins/day meditation
- 1 Visionboard making session
- Gifts & pampering kit
- Unlimited fresh drinking water
**Basically: everything is included except for your flights, extra meals (USD $13 lunch and USD $18 dinner if you decide to eat at Desa Seni), airport transfers (around USD25$ one way, cheaper if shared with others), babysitting fees (about USD8$/ hr- cheaper if shared with others), and spa treatments (now that, sister, is solo).
Here ARE 5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO BALI:
Step onto Desa Seni grounds, preferably barefoot, and begin to feel relaxed.
Deep breaths of fresh lush green paddy fields air.
Eat at the lovely garden café serving delicious meals made with 80 percent of the produce grown on this property.
Right next to the refreshing salt-water swimming pool.
Oh and the signature deep Tissue Massage of the holistic spa has the reputation of being the best on the island.
Nights involve little electricity, so get ready for being guided by moon and candle light.
I don’t care how gently your baby(ies) came of your body- I bet you there is some scar tissue somewhere.
The workshops have been specifically designed to heal on a deep level. We’ll focus on a different level each day.
And the woo woo. Get ready for some crazy stories and experiences.
FYI- Feel free to be emotionally slutty during the workshops (i.e. hiccupy cry and blow your nose in your shirt) or be emotionally prude and not say a peep. (Thanks to Tasha Miller for coining these terms.)
Whatever you decide to do, I promise you will leave with your body and soul feeling lighter and in alignment.
This retreat is purposefully not all yoga, silence, water and steamed vegetables for a reason. Why?
One, because it's not fun. And two, because there is always an equal and opposite backlash to every extreme ‘diet.’
So instead we’ll do what is FUN TO MAINTAIN ON THE LONG-RUN.
And that’s a balance between:
Read. Draw. Write.
Lounge by the pool with a fresh coconut in hand.
Read a magazine.
Work on something important to you.
Look at your bellybutton.
Whatever was fun before having kids.
Stuff chocolate into your mouth while going down Instagram rabbit holes.
Clean your inbox and arrange your iphotos.
Vino & giggles over endless dinners.
Watch Netflix all day.
Nobody will judge. It’s your time.
P.S. swearing will be encouraged. This marks unfiltered and
un-edited adult time.
“It’s not the right time ...
... I can’t leave right now
… I don't have the time
… I can’t ask for help
… I don’t have the means
… My partner has too much work
… My mom wouldn’t approve of this
... My child is teething, starting to walk, not sleeping through the night, growing bangs...
… Something and anything”
Dear mama bird, guess what? When it comes to taking time for yourself...
It’s NEVER the “right time.”
It’s NEVER the “perfect moment.”
You’ll NEVER have “exactly enough” time, energy, or money
There will ALWAYS be at least one “perfectly good reason” to wait
... just a little bit longer.
And the temporary can last a LOOONG time.
Because nobody is going to give you permission… except for YOU.
Knowledge is no longer scarce. Whatever you want to learn, you can Google.
But there is something oh-so-special about an in-person experience with kindred spirits.
They are moments in time that can’t be replicated or Googled.
The constellation of the women that come together happens once.
I am not lying when I tell you that the moms you’ll meet once will inspire you for many years to come.
Each mama there will have a gravitational pull on the other.
And consequently we all shine when we go back home.
Because when women have a place to rest and celebrate- it benefits society at large. And the generations to come.
I'm a good lifecoach. I'm a good yin yoga teacher. Now where I'm exceptionally brilliant is in recognizing incredible women and bringing them together.
This has been my true calling for years. Meet inspiring moms who live across the world.
While you are busy falling in love with each other- a chicken may casually walk by...
- You are ready for some personal alchemy (aligning self-knowledge with self-actualization)
- You crave time for yourself to work on projects that you mysteriously keep postponing
- You are prepared to nurture yourself day and night during this period
- You love travelling and it lights you up
- You’d like to feel less anxious about the future
- You already get plenty of deeply nourishing rest and self care in your life
- You are waiting for your children to give you permission to take some time for yourself
- You already know how to set clear boundaries